Damon Family Foundation
1708 Pinehurst Ter. | Great Bend, KS 67530
from the foundation website:
The missions of the Damon Family Foundation is:
- To provide support in the form of financial grants to 501(c)(3) organizations which provide relief to low-income persons and families who are distressed, or under-privileged, or who are experiencing homelessness, illness, hunger or other acute financial or physical hardships.
- To provide support in the form of financial grants to 501(c)(3) organizations which provide disaster relief.
- To provide support in the form of financial grants to any other qualified 501(c)(3) organizations as determined by the Board of Directors.
- First priority will be given to organizations devoted to providing financial aid and services in the geographic area of Great Bend and Barton County, Kansas, and secondarily to organizations providing such financial aid and services in a larger geographic area.
- To provide support in the form of financial grants to individuals to provide relief form financial hardships resulting from the following categories: 1) illness of the individual or family member; 2) a needy person who lacks the necessities of life; 3) victims of a natural disaster; 4) victims of violence, terrorist acts, or acts of war; 5) victims of discrimination, social injustice, or persecution; and 6) victims of identifiable, sudden, and unexpected events. Grants will be limited to residents of the State of Kansas, and except in extraordinary circumstances, grants will be limited to $25,000 per applicant. Notwithstanding the above, first priority will be given to the payment for past, present or future uninsured medical expenses of individuals whose illness or bodily injury is a result of or occurred in conjunction with the following:
- A catastrophic event such as a house fire, tornado, flood or other natural disaster or unexpected event;
- Diagnosis of a serious and life-threatening disease;
- Chronic medical condition coupled with loss of employment.
Applicants residing in the area of Barton County, Kansas will be given priority for grants.Foundation Website
Access Philanthropy maintains an online database of 3,000+ detailed profiles of local and national funders, in curated lists, such as MN Small Family Funders, Empowerment Funders, Mental Health funders in MN, and Rural Arts & Culture Funders.