Know Who. Know How.
Let us work for you. We help nonprofit organizations develop unique, actionable, and effective strategies to harness their power and passion for making the world a better place. Whether you need help with something as straightforward as setting and realizing your fundraising goals, or you want to take your organization to an entirely new level, Access Philanthropy is here to help.
Strategic Planning. Prospecting. Grant Writing. Brand Development
Access detailed profiles of 3,100+ local, regional, national and international funders.
Research, Industry News, Funder Updates, Specials
Fluff-free Fundraising Blog
September 2021Mental health has long been a neglected issue area among funders. The money designated for mental health usually went to hospitals. But, during the last decade, we have seen funders taking this area more seriously, and considering its issues independently…Continue reading...
August 2021We’re very excited that Ted Olson is joining us as a Senior Advisor. You’re going to love this guy. THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF EXPERIENCE and more ideas and energy than anyone on the team. He’s great. Zachary Wronski is our newest Philanthropy Researcher. A Minnesota transplant to…Continue reading...
August 2021“A Bloomberg News survey accounting of $4.3 billion in 375 grants to nonprofits reveals for the first time how the philanthropist (Mackenzie Scott) is directing her charitable might.” Mackenzie Scott, Melinda French Gates (and other funders) launched the Equality Can’t Wait Challenge, which…Continue reading...
August 2021The politically conservative Philanthropy Daily has a fundraising newsletter and has interesting advice for new Major Gifts Officers When you start making calls to donors and prospects, mention you’re new here Use your inexperience as an opportunity to re-cultivate current donors Ask your…Continue reading...
August 2021Judy Dayton, the grand dame of arts philanthropy in Minnesota, the last of the Great Generation of Daytons, the former governor’s aunt, and a genuinely nice lady died. Her obit. James Hormel, heir to the Hormel fortune, the first openly gay U.S.…Continue reading...
August 2021Turns out maybe crowdfunding isn’t the ultimate in fundraising equity. In fact, NPQ did a story on the inequalities of crowdfunding. AP’s Laura Wilson ([email protected]) gave us a summary: “Nora Kenworthy, an associate professor at the University of Washington Bothell, analyzed 175,000 GoFundMe…Continue reading...
About Our Database of Funder Profiles
3100+ funder profiles | 250 curated funder lists
- We read the 990s for you and write profiles with the grantseeker in mind.
- Contact information for program staff
- Advanced Search – Type of Support. Fields of Interest. Giving and Asset Totals. Geographic Interests. Application Process, including deadlines
- Funders of all sizes, including 400+ small family foundations.
- Know the limitations – See funders’ historical giving pattern; if they limit their giving geographically; give exclusively in only one field of interest; award less than $1,000,000 per year
- Our researcher’s insights
- Sampling of grantees
- Application details and deadlines
- Links to funder websites and social media, 990s, and recent funder publications.
- Learn what funders are really supporting– Funders don’t always do as they say. We show you grants that funders are awarding in areas outside their expressed interests.
Select one of our most popular plans
Specific list set by the promo code.
Half off on a one-year subscription to our Minnesota-relevant Small Family Foundations Database, featuring 374 little gems (giving less than $1 million/year)
Lists containing more than 100 funders
Half off on a one-year subscription to our MN Plus database of 1,500 grantmakers who fund in Minnesota.
Lists with fewer than 100 funders
Browse our database of curated funder lists