208 S. Akard Room 1200.56 | Dallas, TX 75202-4206
Philanthropy at AT&T
Philanthropic giving at AT&T includes both corporate contributions as approved by the AT&T Contributions Council (Council) and grants as approved by the AT&T Foundation. Oversight for Council contributions is provided by the Public Policy and Corporate Reputation committee of the AT&T Board of Directors, and the AT&T Foundation Board provides oversight for AT&T Foundation grants. Priority funding areas for both the Council and the Foundation include: education; community support and safety; health and human services; and arts, media and culture.
Generally, we fund programs that are designed to impact and/or serve predominantly underserved, underrepresented and low-income communities. Qualifying organizations include:
- 501(c)(3) public charities;
- Government instrumentalities (for charitable purposes); and
- Organizations with philanthropic or social-purpose programs or efforts, whether organized as a 501(c)(3) charity or other non-profit entity.
Charitable organizations are invited to apply for philanthropic funding through AT&T corporate and foundation grant managers or our state External & Legislative Affairs (E&LA) teams. Organizations must detail how and where the funds will be used in their program plan and the number of individuals that will be served by the funding. AT&T tracks these programs throughout the funding cycle and recipients are required to report results at the conclusion of the program.
Our philanthropic funding focuses on qualifying organizations, programs and/or projects that are national or regional in scope — particularly those that are based in, or strongly impact, 1 or more of the geographic regions served by the company. Requests from organizations are evaluated based on:
- National or regional needs;
- Alignment between the specific initiative and our AT&T goals;
- The qualifying organization’s ability to positively affect key community issues;
- The qualifying organization’s innovation in addressing its target issue; and
- The extent to which the contribution can generate awareness for AT&T and extend the impact of our work.
For more information about governance of our philanthropy, see our philanthropy policy.Philanthropy Homepage Funder Homepage