Contract Position: Access Philanthropy seeks experienced grantwriters, who can work with a variety of nonprofit clients and write with clarity and dynamism. The writer will join a talented and growing team of writers, researchers and consultants who have spent decades working in nonprofit and funding communities.
About Access Philanthropy
Access Philanthropy Inc. (API) has been around for twenty years, working with (large and small) nonprofit and government agencies locally, nationally, and internationally.
API is known locally and nationally for close, knowledgeable working relationships with every client; great information’ great writing/messaging’ and great people working in a great team.
API supports organizations
- Just starting up, or restarting their grants/fundraising efforts
- That need a specific push or assistance (perceptions, grant schedules, messaging)
- That need monthly support for grantwriting, fundraising plans, and just getting back on track
- That need specific grant and grantmaker information and strategies
API is one of the premier nonprofit fundraising support teams in Minnesota, providing prospect research, funding workshops, grant production, and organizational and fundraising planning
Qualifications: We Need People Who
- Get to know a client’s work/needs quickly and thoroughly
- Communicate well with clients by email, text, phone, Zoom, etc.
- Are fearless of funders and their gatekeepers
- Can persistently keep clients on track with grant tasks and deadlines
- Can juggle multiple clients/deadlines
- Support grant research for clients, such as deadlines and eligibility (support from API researchers)
- Maintain accurate and detailed records
- Work independently
- Are of good humor and patient with clients and others
- Have a history of working with Minnesota funders
- And most importantly, consistently write clearly, succinctly, and engagingly.
What We Offer
This is an independent contractor position, not an employment position
- Work with some of the most experienced and talented grant-thropists in Minnesota who really understand how to get heard and how to get funded
- Work in a great team environment with some sensitivity to personal needs and quirks
- Work from home
- Work with GREAT clients
$50/hour minimum for the first year. Generally, 20-25 hours/month, typically 5-7 hours/week
- Send a cover letter, resume, sample of past clients, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, SAMPLES OF PAST PROPOSALS AND LETTERS OF INQUIRY
- Let us know your availability – when are you ready to write
- We aren’t crazy about telephone calls, but feel free to send a few smart questions. See below
No deadlines, but we have clients waiting.
Send: cover, resume and WRITING SAMPLES to [email protected]
Questions: [email protected]
Access Philanthropy is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.