Meet the Access Philanthropy team
Steve Paprocki, President
Steve has spent his entire professional career in philanthropy—as a foundation director, fundraiser, trainer, donor consultant, author, researcher, and lobbyist. He knows his stuff. He draws on his diverse experience and connections to help you meet the right people and meet your goals.
- 35+ years of philanthropic experience
- Has worked extensively in the U.S. and internationally
- Former program officer and foundation advisor
- Author of over two dozen books and directories on foundations and corporate giving programs
- Teaches philanthropy, fundraising and communications in business and nonprofit graduate school programs
- Former research director for national and regional philanthropy think tanks
Roberta Worrell, Managing Director
Roberta combines 25 years of strategic marketing and corporate community affairs experience with hands-on nonprofit knowledge. She oversees Access Philanthropy’s business operations, and works with clients on communications audits and marketing plans. Roberta loves helping organizations put their best foot forward with clear, strategic communications.
- 25 years of experience in marketing and community relations
- Marketing expert, writer, editor and stickler for details
- Former foundation, nonprofit and community relations director
Walken Schweigert, Database Director
Walken Schweigert is a queer/trans actor, musician, composer and director from St. Paul, MN.
He has worked with Access Philanthropy since 2011, when he started working on the database. Since then his work has encompassed research projects and writing about general and specific philanthropic trends.
Walken is also the Artistic Director of Open Flame Theatre, which he founded in Minneapolis in 2008. Walken was also recently awarded a grant from the Jerome Foundation via the American Composer’s Forum for the composition of his second opera, The Garden, to be produced by Open Flame Theatre and Philadelphia Community Farm.